Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Basic Spices and Staples

Spices are the basis of everything I cook.  If I did not have Spices I would probably just Kill over of a heart attack. OK, That is a little over kill, but is really is the way I feel about having spices. I never use anything like Onion salt, Garlic salt.....etc


So, These  are the spices and seasonings that are actually in my kitchen Cabinet:



Baking soda
Baking Powder
Balsamic vinegar 
Ground Ginger
Ground Nutmeg

Ground sage (i have two and i dont know why)
Paprika (have three of these but i love love love it!)
Poultry seasoning
apple pie spice (why? I am unsure i just spice my pies my self any how) 
Dill Seed
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Chili powder(times 2 I use it a lot!)
Ground Cloves(have two?! Unsure why!)
Whole cloves( i use these in presentations and drinks)
Ground Cinnamon (this i have so many of but i use it so very much!)
Black Pepper (which i have in 3 varieties whole  restaurant ground and fine ground)
Parsley flakes
Cayenne pepper
hot madras curry powder
ground comino ( aka cumin)
Garlic Powder
Tony's
Uncle Chris' steak seasonings
fajita seasonings
crushed red pepers
lemmon pepper
enchilada seasonings
fiesta lime
rosemary
soul food( not sure why cause i dont seem to use it much)
tomato basil garlic (great on veggies and other stuff)
barbecue
And Bullions( beef, Chicken, Shrimp & Chipotle) 
Sea Salt
Vanilla






And In the Fridge we have:
Parmesan cheese
 tobasco- habanero
tobasco  milder jalapeno 
reduced sodium soy sauce
sweet n sour
teriyaki
worcestershire sauce
pure sesame seed oil
 liquid smoke
sriracha hot chili sauce
franks red wins sauce 
concord jelly 
peperoncin peppers
hot sauce
italian dressings




I usually have onion powder too, But I have been keeping frozen Chopped  Onion and Bell pepper in the freezer...........
Oh and yes WE have to keep a note in our mind that the Holy Trinity In cooking is Onion, bell pepper and Celery! 
Garlic i have on hand at the moment is also fresh minced in the Fridge, whole fresh, and Ground. Lets just say I have a love of Garlic.


Since this is just about basic spices, Everything I cook meat wise  will always have a base of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. 


Just that is almost enough for me!




Well, Now that you know what I have on hand for seasonings and flavors ;) I will let you think about it and I guess see if anyone would have any questions as to why i have these?  =) 
So far I really have not found a flavor that i don't like, well, other than greens hahaha. But I am working on powering through not liking them so that The Twins Do like them! 




And Since this is My First blog Under "Cooking Healthy with Twinspirations", Let me explain the Purpose of this blog.


I am a mother of twins, who is trying to get back to her healthy Goal weight after gaining 99 lbs during a very very strict bedrest filled pregnancy.  The boys are 11 months now, and Really Since they eat what we eat, they are my Inspirations, My TWinspirations,  The reason, to live life to the fullest, To love like there is no other way, and to Stop and take in every moment possible.  So, Cooking and healthy cooking with them every day is what i aspire to do. They will be raised knowing how to eat right and how to fight off the diabetes and other conditions that run in our families. 
So, Welcome To Cooking Healthy with TWinspirations. 
I hope you will find things in the future that will help you lead a health conscious life and learn to enjoy every moment of food, from the cooking, and aroma to the sitting at a table and enjoying every bite!
Here's wishing you health and love in every bite! =)
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment